This makes a great appetizer or side dish with any meal. Serves 2.
|Hot from the oven!|
12 oz. medium raw shrimp, peeled
3 tsp. sesame oil
1 large clove of garlic, smashed & minced
3 tbl. dry sherry
2 strips of bacon, cut into small pieces (1/4” or so)
1 mild pepper (like a Bell or Cubanelle), seeded cut into thin strips, then in half
½ medium onion, thinly sliced them cut the slices in half
juice of half a lime
3 tbl. coarsely grated Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheese mix
pepper to taste
· Mix the shrimp, 1 tbl. of the sesame oil, garlic and 1 tbl. of the sherry in a bowl, then refrigerate until ready to use
· In a medium skillet, cook the bacon over medium heat until just starting to brown, then remove to a small bowl.
· To the skillet, add 2 tsp. of sesame oil and increase heat to high, then add the peppers and onions and stir fry until lightly browned, then remove to the bowl with the bacon
· To the skillet add the shrimp mix and return to high heat, cooking and stirring often until the shrimp is cooked (just a few minutes)
· Remove the shrimp and divide between two individual casserole dishes
· Squeeze the lime juice evenly over the shrimp
· Reduce the skillet to medium heat and deglaze the pan with 2 tbl. of the sherry, stirring well for about 2 minutes
· Top the shrimp with the bacon/onion/pepper mixture, and top with the cheese mix
· Spoon the deglazed skillet drippings over the top of the cheese
· Broil until the cheese melts and starts to bubble, about 2 minutes
· Serve 'em hot!