|Shrimp & Grits bowls, topped with crumbled bacon|
2 cups water
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup grits
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 Tsp. freshly ground pepper
2 Tsp. butter
1/2 cup heavy cream (or milk)
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
6 slices bacon, chopped
12 lb. Andouille sausage, diced (can sub. smoked ham)
2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 Tsp. lemon juice
2 Tsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 Tsp. chopped parsley (fresh)
6 green onions, chopped (use some of the greens)
2 garlic cloves, minced
- Bring water and chicken broth to a boil over medium-high heat; stir in grits. Cook, stirring occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in salt, ground pepper, butter, cream and cheddar cheese.
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until just crisp; remove bacon from pan. Add chopped Andouille sausage and simmer until hot. Remove from pan.
- Cook shrimp in the bacon drippings over medium-high heat until pink(about 3 minutes), stirring occasionally. Add lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, parsley & onion. Continue cooking another 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Mix grits with shrimp mixture and and sausage and spoon into individual plates or small bowls.
- Crumble the bacon on top of the finished plates. Enjoy!