|Brandied Chicken Breast with Lemon Butter & Capers|
Ingredients for Marinade
4 medium boneless-skinless chicken breast
2 tbl. Meyers lemon juice (or 1 tbl. regular lemon juice)
1 ½ tsp. Lemon pepper
1 tbl. Canola oil
Ingredients for Chicken
2 or 3 Poblano peppers, seeded and cut in half lengthwise, then into ¼” strips
5 tbl. butter
2 tbl. olive oil
½ cup Myers lemon juice (or ¼ cup regular lemon juice)
2 to 3 tbl. capers
¼ cup brandy
1 medium onion, sliced then cut the slices in half
6 Portabella mushrooms, thinly sliced
¼ cup chicken broth
salt & pepper to taste
- Put chicken breasts in a bowl, and add the lemon juice, lemon pepper, and Canola oil for the marinade. Mix well and allow to marinate 2 to 3 hours in the refrigerator.
- Melt 3 tbl. of the butter and the olive oil in a medium hot skillet and add chicken
- Cook 4 to 5 minutes per side.
- Remove chicken to a small baking dish (9”x12”) coated with butter spray (reserve chicken drippings in skillet)
- To the chicken skillet, add onions, mushrooms, and peppers.
- Cook over medium heat until just soft (2 to 3 minutes) and spoon mixture over chicken.
- In the same skillet, add 2 tbl. of butter, chicken broth, lemon juice, capers and brandy.
- Heat over medium heat, stirring for about 4 minutes.
- Pour this mixture over the chicken.
- Cover banking dish with foil and bake at 330 degrees for 15 minutes.
|Ready for the oven.|