The Three Headed Chef is BACK! After months of trying to figure out why all of our photos went missing, we discovered that Google deactivated our Google account. Lots of finger pointing later, we've managed to restore everything (I think.) Please let us know if you find any pictures missing or broken or out of order, etc. or if anything doesn't look right. It took a lot of fixing, and we might have missed something. Looking forward to getting back to blogging!
Monday, December 29, 2014
We traditionally do a seafood dinner on Christmas Eve. Here's one of the more southern dishes we incorporated this year. Enjoy!
|Shrimp & Grits bowls, topped with crumbled bacon|
2 cups water
1 cup chicken broth
1 cup grits
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 Tsp. freshly ground pepper
2 Tsp. butter
1/2 cup heavy cream (or milk)
2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
6 slices bacon, chopped
12 lb. Andouille sausage, diced (can sub. smoked ham)
2 pounds medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
1 Tsp. lemon juice
2 Tsp. Worcestershire sauce
2 Tsp. chopped parsley (fresh)
6 green onions, chopped (use some of the greens)
2 garlic cloves, minced
- Bring water and chicken broth to a boil over medium-high heat; stir in grits. Cook, stirring occasionally, 15 to 20 minutes or until thickened. Remove from heat; stir in salt, ground pepper, butter, cream and cheddar cheese.
- Cook bacon in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat until just crisp; remove bacon from pan. Add chopped Andouille sausage and simmer until hot. Remove from pan.
- Cook shrimp in the bacon drippings over medium-high heat until pink(about 3 minutes), stirring occasionally. Add lemon juice, Worcestershire sauce, parsley & onion. Continue cooking another 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Mix grits with shrimp mixture and and sausage and spoon into individual plates or small bowls.
- Crumble the bacon on top of the finished plates. Enjoy!