4 medium red potatoes
3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled & chilled
1 8 ½ ounce can LeSeur peas, chilled
3 strips of bacon, fried crisp, drained on paper towel, then crumbled
1 medium stalk celery, finely chopped (not minced)
1 small to medium onion, diced
¼ tsp. ground black pepper
½ tsp. sea salt
1/3 cup roasted red peppers, minced
2 tsp. brown mustard (or Dijon)
¾ cup mayonnaise
dash of paprika
· Peel potatoes (unless you grew them and dug them fresh, then you can leave the skins on)
· Dice potatoes into 1/2 “ cubes
|Chop the raw potatoes into small cubes after peeling.|
· Steam potatoes in steamer, starting cold, then slowly heating up to steam temp, about 18 minutes, until a fork penetrates easily, but not too mashy.
· Remove potatoes from steamer & rinse in cold water until cooled
· Drain potatoes and refrigerate in bowl until chilled, about 30 minutes
· Slice hard boiled eggs in an eggs slicer in 2 directions (see photos) into small cubes
|You should end up with small cubed pieces of egg, like this.|
· In a bowl combine onions, celery, chilled potatoes, crumbled bacon, LeSeur peas, chopped eggs, and roasted red peppers. Mix well.
· Add salt & pepper and mix well again.
|The ingredients, ready to go!|
· Top with sprinkling of paprika and chill in refrigerator until ready to eat.