As promised, here is the receipt for home-made Tomatillo Salsa Verde. I goes great on the low-calorie Chicken Enchiladas! They were a real winner, but always better with homemade sauce.
1 lb. tomatillos, husks removed
½ cup onion, finely chopped
1 tsp. fresh garlic, minced
1 serrano style chili pepper, minced
2 tbls. fresh cilantro, chopped
1 tbl. fresh oregano, chopped
½ tsp. ground cumin
1 ½ tsp. sea salt (to taste)
2 cups of water
· In a saucepan, combine the tomatillos, onion, garlic and Serrano pepper and combine
· Add the cilantro, oregano, cumin and salt – mix again
· Add the water, bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce to medium-low heat
· Simmer until the tomatillos are soft, about 10 to 15 minutes
· Puree the mixture in a blender until smooth (you might have to do this in several batches)
· Serve as a sauce over Enchiladas or any favorite Mexican recipe. Enjoy!