Mild Chile Peppers (as many as needed for any given recipe – Pablanos are best, but we’ve also used Cubanelles)
- Place whole peppers on a baking sheet
- Broil on high heat on top oven rack until skins are almost blackened, turning often.
- Remove peppers from oven and place immediately in a brown paper bag for about 10 minutes. This steams the peppers and allows the skins to loosen.
- Remove peppers from bag, remove the skins, cut open and scoop out the seeds.
- Chop as called for in whatever recipe you’re using them in
|This is how they should look after roasting.|